Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Being Conscious

I know we are creatures of habit... but good habits only go so far. To truly be effective, you must be conscious. This is harder than it sounds. The reason is BECAUSE we are creatures of habit. Our brain tends to put itself on autopilot, and we mindlessly move throughout the day the same as always.

This never really seemed to bother me until I started trying to change myself for the better. It is very easy to say "be conscious" ... yet very hard to incorporate into your day... atleast for significant periods of time.

There is a song by a British Rock band named "Bush" that states the lyrics "Don't let the days go on by..." Ever since I have heard those powerful words, I cannot stop thinking about me wasting my time.. better yet wasting my life. My biggest fear is to one day wake up and be a loser.. and have nothing. I see it all the time, men in their 30s and 40s who just look beat down from life. It scares the crap of me that it is possible that one day I could, no, I WILL, end up like that if I don't work my hands to the bone. Because that is what dreams the size of mine require... massive amounts of work, and massive amounts of LEVERAGE. It is impossible for me to accomplish my dreams on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment